Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Butterfly Blue

There is something majestic about the butterfly.
Whisper a wish to a butterfly and it will fly up to heaven and make it come true...

A few weeks ago a friend posted a link to a mutual friends blog. Art finds Kate, is Kate's visual journey through her discovery of everything artistic and experimenting in different mediums and styles of expression. I think you will agree that Kate is a very talented artist, and although she will disagree I think she is naturally gifted!

One of her recent paintings named Esmeralda featured here in Delighting in the Beauty is of a stunning light blue butterfly. The moment I saw this painting I thought of my little girl. It looked so much like the tiny blue butterfly hand painted on her memory box, the butterfly that is a part of Yasminah and everything behind Yasminah's Gift Of Hope.

I think you will agree.......




Well today I received a mystery envelope in the mail from an unfamiliar address. When I opened it there was a lovely parcel wrapped in pretty paper and after carefully removing the wrapping paper and the plastic the following painting was revealed! My very own original butterfly. Kate I am absolutely blown away!!! I smiled and a tear escaped my eye knowing instantly it was from you, even without a note inside. I still can't believe you sent it to me, and I have no words to say how thankful I am to have my very own butterfly painting. It is so beautiful, much like my precious daughter. Thank you so much for your beautiful gift. I secretly think it's Yasminah's way of sending me an early birthday wish to let me know she is always near.

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. Maya Angelou


2 comments:

  1. Aw, I am SO glad you like it Bec. It is truly my pleasure and honour to send it to you. I think you are very special for everything you do. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kate you are too kind and I LOVE it! It's already framed and hanging in my studio x x

    ReplyDelete