Saturday, February 5, 2011

Life is what you make of it

If I have learnt anything from the loss of Yasminah, it's that life is short and to make the most out of each and every moment.

You can shed tears that she is gone,

or you can smile because she lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,

or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,

or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,

or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her only that she is gone,

or you can cherish your memory, and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind,

be empty and turn your back.

Or you can do what she'd want,

smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

David Harkins



Today my husband and I celebrated our love as this day 12 years ago we first started dating. We have been through many up's and downs together but always make the most of what we life gives us. One thing that really helped me the weeks following Yasminah's death was something my husband said to me.

You choose how you deal with it


This simple statement turned my life around. I was in the deepths of dispair and struggling to function day to day. I consider myself to be a positive person and I always try to look on the bright side of life, even after everything I have experienced but losing Yasminah broke me and my spirit and changed me forever. BUT after that statement I chose I how I dealt with it and chose to make the most of our heartache and cherish her memory and let her live on in the lives of others, hopefully making a difference to their life.

Life is what you make of it, so smile, open your eyes, love and go on.



Happy Anniversary to my friend, lover, husband and father of our children. I will always remember the first time we met and the fun we had getting to know each other before becoming husband and wife. You always make me laugh and give me a reason to smile. I cherish the memories we have made together and cant wait to see what the next 12 years will bring I will love you always and forever x x x x x x

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Bec.
    Congratulations on 12 years that have made you both stronger.
    Hugs Brenda
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, congratulations on your anniversary and for being able to stay such a strong couple through tough times. I consider myself very lucky that my husband and I have came through all that we have that much stronger in our relationship. It sounds like you and your husband are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Brenda - it has certainly strengthened our relationship and made our love stronger.

    Jessica Thank you for your kind words. I also consider myself very lucky to be able to have someone like my husband to lean on for support when times are tough. After following your blog for a while, I can't believe how much we have in common

    ReplyDelete