Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yasminah Ann

This time exactly 1 year ago I was on bedrest in hospital. Patiently awaiting our first daughters scheduled delivery for later that week. I got one almighty kick & later that day when I no longer felt any more movements & learnt my baby girl Yasminah Ann had passed away inside my womb. I was alone in hospital surrounded by Dr's & nurses being told that my baby hadn't changed position her arm was still resting above her head & they could not find a heartbeat......

Nothing can ever describe that feeling & having tell my husband that our second child, his first daughter had died over the phone. I was discharged that night to go home and spend time grieving with my family. The next day I went back to hospital to be induced, but labour started naturally.

One memory that stands out in my mind is lying in bed hugging my husband holding our baby in my belly, then hearing our son Zachariah laughing in his sleep. We said then that Yasminah & the other angels must be playing with Zach in his dreams :) What a wonderful image

I'm thankful everyday for everything & everyone that I have in my life especially my amazing husband Moh & my gorgeous children Zachariah, Aisha & Aaliyah I ♥ you all sooo much! Also the overwhelming support I have received over the last 12 months - they have been the best & worst of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment