Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Aisha & Aaliyah already 3 months old!

Where does the time go??? This time 3 months ago I was in hospital being prepped for an emergency c-section. It all happened so fast. It was Wednesday 16th December and I was almost 32 weeks pregnant with our miracle twins Aisha and Aaliyah. I remember having a really wonderful day at home with Zach. He was so well behaved and we had a visit from a beautiful lorikeet on our balcony. We fed the bird some bread and Zach really enjoyed it, he did get a little fright though when the bird flew down from the ledge and landed in front of his feet. The bird stayed on our balcony for ages.

It was a really peaceful day. I spoke to my nan on the phone later that night. We discussed how the next day I was going to the hospital to get a date booked in for my c-section. We were planning to deliver at 37 weeks. Most twins deliver at 38 weeks but because of my previous pregnancy my daughter Yasminah being stillborn at 37+4 weeks my OB wanted to deliver at 37 weeks.

How quickly things changed..........................................................

At 9:30pm I was just about to go out to do some late night Christmas shopping as I hadn't bought a single gift for anyone!! I thought I would just go to the loo one last time and I had some light spotting I called the hospital and they told me to come to hospital straight away. My neighbour Ange came up and waited with Zach, whilst Moh's mum made her way over. My bag was already packed - it had been for weeks so we drove straight away to the hospital. I had a feeling this was it!!! When we arrived I was immediately hooked up to the CTG monitors. Twin B was in fetal distress her heartbeat was over 200bpm. Then contractions hit hard & fast...........
My OB was on call and the Dr on duty called him, explained the situation and was told to begin an emergency c-section to get the girl's out. It wasnt ideal but we had made it this far. I trusted the Dr's and tried to remain positive, but only 6 months earlier in the very same hospital I had lost my daughter Yasminah. I was excited that I was going to meet my two little miracles who had been fighting for space inside my massive belly for 31 weeks and 4 days

At 11:53 Aisha was born first weighing 1555g 41cm long and 29.5cm HC Followed by her sister Aaliyah weighing 1730g 41.5cm long and 31.6cm HC

I will continue this tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment